Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Private Individual vs. The Government Collective

Private Individual = I cannot start wars.
Government Collective = We can start as many wars as we wish.

Private Individual = I cannot legally use force, coercion or violence in any endeavor.
Government Collective = We can legally use force, coercion and violence for any notion we desire.

Private Individual = I can profit and make my life much better.
Government Collective = You can profit for as long as we remain comfortable with your profit.

Private Individual = The money I earn belongs to me.
Government Collective = The money you earn belongs to others as well.

Private Individual = If I fail, it's my responsibility, and no one else's.
Government Collective = If you fail, everyone will pay for your failure.

Private Individual = My free will is my mind, and my desire to use it for anything I wish.
Government Collective = We are fine with your free will, so long as it doesn't interfere with what we want from you.

Private Individual = My government represents me and my best interests.
Government Collective = We let special interests write laws for us when it's convenient for us.

Private Individual = My vote counts.
Government Collective = That's why we're keeping The Electoral College.

Private Individual = My government represents me and my best interests.
Government Collective = We will decide how to tax you, and how to spend your money, without your permission.

Private Individual = If I succeed, it's from my hard work, and I will reap the benefits.
Government Collective = If you succeed, you will sacrifice your success to others.

Private Individual = My life is my own, and I can live it any way I desire.
Government Collective = Your life is not your own; it is the means to the ends of others whom you don't know.

Private Individual = What greater good could there be than my own, personal happiness.
Government Collective = The greater good is served when you give up something you want for something you don't want; and we will set your standards.

Private Individual = The Founding Fathers focused most on placing the individual before government, and that is what made America the most prosperous nation on earth.
Government Collective = We're working on that.

Private Individual = The poorer I am.
Government Collective = The richer I am.

Private Individual = The weaker I am.
Government Collective = The stronger I am.

Private Individual = “To govern” means “to restrict.”
Government Collective = Government sets you free.

No comments: