Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A Good Ben Stein Article

I like Ben Stein. I think he gets his economics views correct most of the time. I don't agree with him on many things - even in this article. And I've been disappointed by his commentaries several times. One of them being “Re-inflate the Economy Now.” I think my jaw nearly hit the floor with that one. But in this article, he gets a number of things right. He says “Bye-Bye, Buy and Hold.” He's bearish on Paulson and Bernanke, and rightfully so. And he believes we have placed too much trust in government. Now there I couldn't agree more.

Speaking of disagreeing... I find it strange that someone could say we're placing too much trust in government, and then call for the government to re-inflate the economy now a bit perplexing. But to each his own.

No comments: