Monday, April 27, 2009

Britain Does Have Talent

Just in case you've missed the latest news coming out of England (no, it's not the swine flu), there were a couple of very talented ladies who's dreams have been partially realized. Singer Susan Boyle surprised everyone with her performance of “I Dreamed A Dream,” from Les Miserables. Her vocal talent is stunning. If you haven't caught it, let me just say that you don't get what you expect.

But no matter how big, tough and talented you think you are, there's always someone who's bigger, tougher and more talented than you.

Enter stage right, little Hollie Steel. This young lady is impressive beyond my comprehension. I was stunned and staggered. My jaw literally dropped. If there is anyone I've seen, in any show, between the two dueling talent shows on opposite sides of the pond, it's this little girl who appears to have the brightest future of all. She is awe-inspiring.

Congratulations to both Susan Boyle and Hollie Steel.

I just love to see peoples' dreams come true.

No comments: