Friday, May 15, 2009

This Week's Headlines

I wanted to cut back a little on my writing this week, so I've decided to do something I've never done with my blog – cheat a little. Here are some interesting headlines from this busy news week.

“Judge rules family can't refuse chemo for boy” - AP

“U.S. CPI, production data point to easing recession” - Reuters

“GM eliminating about 1,100 dealer franchises” - AP

“Guantanamo Detainee Released to Join Relatives in France” - The Washington Post

“Scared Somalis running out of food as battles rage” - AP

“Consumer prices flat, industrial production dips” - AP

“Stocks fluctuate in cautious trading after rally” - AP

“Consumers' confidence at highest levels since Sept.” - Reuters

“U.S. consumers' mood rises in early May: survey” - Reuters

“22B Bailout for Life Insurers” - Yahoo Finance

“Mexico swine flu deaths ebb – but caution urged” - AP

“New swine flu cases in Europe, US, Latin America” - AP

"Insurance Companies Approved for TARP Money" - The Washington Post

This is just one week. It makes my head spin just reading the headlines and trying to intellectualize all of the consequences. What a crazy world. But it's good for people like me who like to write about it. We never suffer from a lack of ammunition.

Have a great weekend.

No comments: